- 150 gms broccoli (cut into florets like picture above)
- 150 gms cauliflower (cut into florets like picture above)
- 100 gms button mushrooms or chinese dried mushroom (if latter, please pre-soak and cut into halves. Remove stem)
- 1 medium sized carrot (sliced)
- 1/2 tin of asparagus clams (optional)
- 100 gms baby corn (optional)
- 4 bulbs garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil (palm oil preferred)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (mix with 50 ml water and stir to make corn starch)
- Half cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- White pepper powder to taste
- 2 teaspoon chinese cooking wine (optional)
Heat oil in wok till oil starts to smoke. Add garlic and mushrooms. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Add cauliflower, carrot, asparagus clams and baby corn. Continue to stir fry for 3 minutes, adding hot water gradually. Cover for 1 minute. Add broccoli and continue to stir fry. Add a little bit more of the hot water if it becomes too dry (you will want a little bit of sauce).
Add flavouring above and continue to cook until broccoli is slightly limp. If the sauce is too watery, add a little bit of the corn starch to thicken the sauce.
Serve hot with preferably with rice.
My Recommended Recipes