The fabulous Paris Beaverbanks tagged me on this one a week ago and I haven’t really sat down to think of it. Perhaps, it is because I am actually quite contented (most of the time). There are, of course, things which I want (not needs, but wants) for my kitchen and these are the stuffs I am talking about:-

1. A bigger kitchen (so that I have more space to move around and dance while waiting for the food to cook);
  2. An oven (preferably British) so that I can bake and roast food to my delight and add them to this site;
  3. A bigger refridgerator which consumes lesser amount of energy compared to the current one (which is quite an impossible request) so that I can stuff more stuffs inside;
  4. A full range of WMF stainless steel crockery (plus a bottle of stainless steel washer as well to keep’em shining);
  5. A full range of Zwiling knives so that I don’t have to cut food like using a jigsaw;
  6. A more powerful cooker hood which is suitable for Asian cooking (Asian cooking is notorious for its smokiness caused by stir fries)
  7. A cooker which blasts out fire like the tai chows (big fries) in town. Essentially, the bigger the fire, the more “wok breath” the dish will have which usually translates to nicer tasting food.
  8. A solid surface kitchen cabinet where I don’t have to use any chopping block…Bofi or Electrolux would be nice ;)
  9. Ingredients available as and whenever I need them for cooking (this again, is wishful thinking);
  10. Nice set of dishes so that I can place my food and make it look good artificially. Many a time, a good looking plate makes the food look better!

There there. My list of 10s. But of course, they are not necessities. I admit that one of my favourite spots in shopping centres are the household sections especially kitchen and dining stuffs. I like to go through all the kitchen utensils and what-nots but almost always, never buy anything. Call me a cungent. LOL!

Comments

Paris Beaverbanks
    March 27th, 2007 at 8:43 pm

Yay! Thanks for doing my tag :) I am nodding my head like crazy at No. 4 and 5. I presently use Aerogasz for my cookerhood and its doing great even for asian cooking. No fishy smells after frying fish! And as for No. 8 my parents just got a solid surface top – cannot chop cannot put hot things, cannot this cannot that… I’d stick with my cheapy compressed chipboard top anyday :)

keropokman
    March 28th, 2007 at 1:55 am

i got tagged! haha…

when i move to my own house:
    my no 2 would be a build in one big big. one that can roast a piglet! i saw it before at kitchen show room, i want i want!!!!

no 3. do you want a separate freezer and fridge?

no 4. you are a WMF person too? come to Singapore and compare the price! I saw them in KL, and was shocked at the prices in KL. KL prices of WMF is 4-5 times more! I like Scanpan too! I have 3 of it at home :-)

no 5. i use a cheaper range of zwillig. my first pair of knives when i moved in to this house, so can only afford the lower range. :-)

no 6. i think you need a wet kitchen outside. in spore we can do that, but mum has 2 kitchens in msia!

no 7. see the wet kitchen outside thingy, then u can buy those big huge powerful stoves! my mum has one of those.

no 10. are you a corelle fan? haha…

March 28th, 2007 at 4:52 am

It’s a WANT right? Wah…many things I want ler….cos my kitchen is seriously under-equipped. First I want to move my kitchen back to Singapore! Coz it will be something more permanent ;p

March 28th, 2007 at 3:25 pm

paris : My wife and I did check out Aerogasz earlier but we settled on Rinnai. Not too bad lah. I’m puzzled the solid surface top cannot do this and that. It is supposed to be solid and can do this and that. Tak da takut the heat also.

keropokman : Wah! Ha! Ha! I was expecting your reply vide your blog. I must go shop in S’pore for kitchen stuffs. I bought some small items (cutlery etc) previously and still think it was a great bargain. I don’t really fancy corelle because I think it looks too fragile. I like the Japanese designed plates. Absolute looker!

tigerfish : Yes, a WANT. 10 WANTS rather. Tell your readers what you WANT lah :)

March 31st, 2007 at 4:24 am

Tell already but nobody sponsor, how leh? :O
    I’ve just daydreamed about 10 items in my blog.

Patricia Scarpin
    April 1st, 2007 at 2:31 am

Hi!
    Tks for tagging me – I’ll think carefully and post soon. So many things… How am I ever gonna be able to choose only 10?? ;)

foodie
    April 18th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

japanese knives like global and shun are better tahn german brands

chaita